Michaela C. Muffoletto
Michaela Muffoletto, a principal with Neuberger, Quinn, Gielen, Rubin & Gibber, P.A., maintains a robust practice in the areas of estate and succession planning, probate and trust administration, estate and trust litigation, estate and gift tax law, and charitable planning.
For more than two decades, Michaela has provided thoughtful and experienced counsel to a broad range of clients, including high-net-worth individuals, young professionals, business owners, entrepreneurs, charitable foundations and families across the Mid-Atlantic region.
An authority on trusts and estate matters, Michaela is a noted author and speaker. Her chapter on “Will Caveats” appears in The Fundamentals of Estate Planning. She also wrote “Highlights From the 47th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning” for the Maryland State Bar Association’s Estates and Trusts Newsletter. In addition, Michaela regularly assists her partner, Allan J. Gibber, with editing updates to his the treatise, Gibber on Estate Administration.
Michaela lectured on the topic of estate administration to the Judicial Institute of Maryland; was a guest speaker on the topic of estate and inheritance taxes as part of the Gibber on Estate Administration evening series; and lectured on will caveats through the National Business Institute and as a guest lecturer at the University of Baltimore. In addition, Michaela has lectured on general estate planning topics through the National Business Institute and made many private presentations to local financial and accounting firms and their clients on various topics including general estate planning, small business trusts, incomplete gifts to non-grantor trusts and succession planning.
Active in the Maryland State Bar Association, Michaela serves on its Estate and Trust Law Section Council. She also co-chairs the Estates and Trusts Committee of the Bar Association of Baltimore City.
Michaela earned her J.D., cum laude, from Widener University School of Law in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and her LL.M. in Taxation, with distinction, from the Georgetown University Law Center.
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M., Taxation)
- University of Maryland, College Park (B.A., 1993)
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Estate and Trust Law Section Council
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Co-Chair, Estates and Trusts Committee
- Author, “Will Caveats,” a chapter in Angela M. Vallario’s 2012 book, The Fundamentals of Estate Planning.
- Author, “Highlights From The 47th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning,” published in the Maryland State Bar Association’s Spring 2013 Estates and Trusts Newsletter.
- Judicial Institute of Maryland, lectures on estate administration
- The Gibber on Estate Administration evening series, guest lecturer on estate and inheritance taxes
- National Business Institute, lectures on the will caveats and general estate planning topics
- University of Baltimore, guest lecturer