Richard Rubin, a principal with Neuberger, Quinn, Gielen, Rubin & Gibber, P.A., chairs the firm’s Commercial Real Estate Group. Richard has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate acquisition, disposition, development, leasing and financing, His practice includes representation of clients in the development, sale and purchase of multifamily apartment complexes, industrial projects, mixed-use and office buildings across the country.
Working closely with real estate owners, developers, investors and lenders, Richard has successfully negotiated and closed deals ranging from several million dollars to several hundred million dollars, many of which involved complex layered financing, mezzanine loans, preferred equity and ground lease structures. His development projects encompass office and retail projects as well as single-family and multifamily townhouse, apartment and condominium projects, including the mixed-use Ritz Carlton condominium development in Baltimore City.
Richard has been recognized by Best Lawyers since 2005 in the area of Real Estate law, and was named Best Lawyers’ 2017 Baltimore Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year." He has also been featured in Maryland Super Lawyers since 2007.
In 2006, Richard was honored with the Home Builder Association of Maryland’s “Consultant of the Year" award. Active in the community, he serves on the Maryland Building Industry Association – Baltimore City Chapter’s board of directors and chairs its political action committee. Richard has lectured on condominium law, contracts and other aspects of real property law.
He earned his J.D., with honors, from the University of Maryland School of Law, where he was awarded the Order of the Coif. During law school he was a member of the Moot Court Board and served as Notes and Comments editor on the University of Maryland Law Review. After law school he clerked for Judge John C. Eldridge of the Maryland Court of Appeals. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Maryland, earning membership in Phi Beta Kappa, the national academic honor society.
University of Maryland School of Law
(J.D., with Honors)
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Moot Court Board
- Notes and Comments Editor, University of Maryland Law Review
University of Maryland
(B.A., with Honors)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers® Honors 14 NQGRG Practices and 10 Attorneys Among Baltimore’s Best in 2021
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers® Honors 15 NQGRG Practices and 10 Attorneys Among Baltimore’s Best
- Best Lawyers’ 2017 Baltimore Real Estate Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Attorneys Selected to 2017 Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers, Real Estate (2005-2022)
- Best Lawyers, Baltimore Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year" (2017)
- Maryland Super Lawyers (2008-2022)
- Home Builder Association of Maryland, "Consultant of the Year" (2006)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore City Chapter of the Maryland Building Industry Association
Member, Board of Directors
Chairman, Political Action Committee